top of page

New Hire Paperwork

When it comes to hiring, a lot of companies aren’t sure which paperwork needs to be filled out and how much time they have to get the paperwork from the new hire. There are four things you need to obtain or provide when hiring a new employee:

  1. An I-9 form. This is needed to show that the new hire is authorized to work in the United States.

  2. A W-4 form. This helps determine the amount of federal income tax to withhold from the employee’s wages.

  3. A notice of coverage options. This is mandated under the Affordable Care Act and applies to an employer even when they don’t off health insurance or if the employee isn’t eligible for health insurance.

  4. State and local notices to the employee. For example, in California, employers are required to provide new hires with notices related to state disability insurance, paid family leave, workers’ compensation, and other laws.

Featured Posts
Check back soon
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page